The Sanford vault is situated under the south aisle (q.v.) and contains the body of Henrietta Sanford née Langham who died in 1835. She was the founder of the village school and the education provided was based upon the writings of John Locke. For many years the school was run at her expense. The Church Monthly of 1891 stated that the school was opened in about 1818.

South porch