NORTH WEST DOOR

north west doorway
 

As can be seen in the image, the original doorway in the North West corner of the church had a square top. This was blocked off when the Sanford family extended the church in 1869 in order to accommodate their mortuary chapel. The original doorway would have been made in the time of Henry 4th (1399-1413).