SANFORD ARMORIAL WINDOWS

Sanford rose window Sanford rose window

 

 

The mortuary Chapel windows to the east and west contain a series of roundels of coats of arms, which give the history of the Sanford family. The earliest roundel dates from 1638 and the latest from the 19th century. Messrs Heaton, Butler and Bain of London made the last three roundels. They also made the Rose window in the Mortuary Chapel and the one in the east wall above the organ.